Share | 

A Question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haishao
Novice

Killed Porings : 10

PostSubject: A Question   Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:53 am

Are drop rate really x100 like advertised?
On RMS it say the drop rate are x100 and x10 for MVP cards

But in game it's not this.

Wind of Verdure say highest drop is 16% in game but with x100 rates it should be minimum 30% from Pierre in ant Hell.

Unripe Apple say 5% highest drop game but lowest should be 20% from Poring..

Authoriative Badge say 35% in game but with x100 drop rate it should be 100% from both Sohee and Greatest General.

Why are some normal item not a x100?

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Level 99
Level 99

Killed Porings : 136

PostSubject: Re: A Question   Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:14 am

admins made it so that it would be balanced i guess (not sure about this) ...eluniums/oridecons and others are customized drop rates too...
Back to top Go down
Haishao
Novice

PostSubject: Re: A Question   Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:39 am

I doubt it's for balance since MVP card drop is at 0.10%, there's @storage, @whereis and @feelreset command available, the healer gives agi/dex and there's a warper who send to every dungeon level and every field.

Elu/ori lower drop is also very weird unless the upgrade NPC never fail.

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Level 99
Level 99

PostSubject: Re: A Question   Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:47 am

thats why i said i wasnt sure...but its been like that ever since...i think this has been addressed idk what is the explanation...GMs will surely explain this one sooner or later
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Admin

Killed Porings : 377

PostSubject: Re: A Question   Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:05 am

Yep, thats true, not everything is at the same rate.
Why? Because of the Venders, if you have everything dropping at a good rate, what are they gonna sell? Just MVP items? <- wich are also hard to get.

And jenne is right, its this way to balance some things out.

Back to top Go down
http://enticero.forum-motion.com
Haishao
Novice

PostSubject: Re: A Question   Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:24 am

NPC vendor or human vendor?

I don't see how it will make people sell them since they wont even have enough for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Level 99
Level 99

PostSubject: Re: A Question   Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:42 am

i think its for human vendors...well some people earn there money by collecting rare stuffs then selling them...i could sell eluniums for example because they are atleast a 10% drop...

this makes it more interesting for me...(again this is my opinion) lol
Back to top Go down
bubbaread
Level 50

Killed Porings : 44

PostSubject: It is Balanced   Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:11 pm

i like the way it is all set up you get lvls kinda easy but you still have to work on some things so if you need elums and ori so bad i will sell them to you lol ^_~ but one thing i think sucks is the ABBEY VIEW +_+ wouldn't be as bad if wasn't double spawn rate can't see anything be like o i see one banshee 30 RUSHES AT YOU lol not to great ^_~
Back to top Go down
Haishao
Novice

PostSubject: Re: A Question   Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:28 pm

The problem is this server is listed in RMS as x100 drop rate in the mid rate section and nowhere it says "We have altered the database to lower the drop rate of all the needed items."

When I was looking for a server I was searching for something between 50 and 150.
I come from a 4/4/4 rate server and was searching for something higher because I don't have as much time to spend on my characters. The rates was the main choosing factor for the server. So you can imagine how I feel when only after all the installation trouble I went through, I find out that the rate are not at all as advertised.

And yeah the abbey is a design catastrophe. But it's Gravity.. Through the years I've learned to praise them as much as to hate them.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Question   Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:29 am

Haishao, the drops are 150x, just some of them are altered.
Well, if you really search for something that is that easy, I would sugguest you
a High Rate, or even a Super High Rate, Entice has a bigger sister called Selcouth, maybe thats more intressting for you.

But anyhow, think about the venders (the player ones), also about zeny balance, I mean if everything would be so easy to get then zeny wouldnt have a worth, nor would those items that are altered drops have.
And please, I went to farm Elus and other stuff, with an normal sniper char and 186 aspd, with a normal bow, and I had elus and oris like really fast.

Anyhow, if its really such a big deal for you all to increase the drop rates on some items, we can do that, but then dont complain if later some things are unbalanced and zeny doesnt mean anything...

Back to top Go down
bubbaread
Level 50

Killed Porings : 44

PostSubject: I don't think so   Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:50 am

I don't think raising the lowered items drop rate is a good idea, i mean don't get me wrong farming elums and ori sucks, but still, i have had enough to go around already broke tones of items and used lots of both, but if you go and change it then all the work i did to get a few upgrades goes to waste i mean anyone can max out a character real fast on here so why not take a little time to hunt elums and ori, cause the gears you need take no time to get, gotta have some reason to get on besides hoping someone will be on to PvP and i am sure plenty of ppl would agree with me on this i mean if everything dropped at the rate suppose to then i would have everything i would need already,Lol only and the double spawn rate, Though annoying since low pop and harder to kill what i want, serves a good purpose makes certain things harder to farm that usually would be easier, but that one can go wither way lol anyways i think everything is good as it is WELL besides (abbey veiw) LOL ^_~
Back to top Go down
Haishao
Novice

PostSubject: Re: A Question   Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:18 am

Well, after jumping from a few mid rates, I stopped my searching on a 15/15/15.
I just write this because it told me this thread got replied to in my mails.

I'm not against lowering the drop of some items. But the one that are lowered here only cripple people instead of creating a better economy.

If you want people to sell stuff in their shop. Leave normal items drop to default and reduce some weapons and armors instead.

My sage can and will eventually need to use Ori, Elu, Element stones, scrolls, Badges and other consumable so there's no reasons I would want sell those. I would farm them for myself and others just have to go do the same for all I care.
My sage on the other hand cannot use a composite bow[4], Infiltrator, katana[4] or Chain mail[1].
So I could, and would, sell those when I get them. But if they drop as much as feathers and fluff there's no points. Anyone can go farm them and get more than enough in a few minutes.

To have an economy you need demand AND offer.
If you only have demand you'll never sell anything and if you only have offer people will discard the extra.

My original complaint wasn't about Elu or Ori.
It was because Elemental stones (wind of verdure, crystal blue, green live and red blood) and authoritative badges. Because I'd eventually need them on 3 classes and more. Elu and Ori too, but when i originally wrote this thread i didn't know they were reduced too.

Anyway.. I don't play here anymore so i'll just shut up..

For Abbey, Create a text file named viewpointtable.txt
Copy this (in the spoiler) in it, save it in Data folder and it should works.

Spoiler:

/p2
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Question   Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Seems like you havent played entice at all.
I accept all of the things you said there.
But, it clearly shows you havent played entice at all.
The Players Shops/Venders, have you seen the items they offer?
If its really that hard to obtain things, then I wonder, why do so much
people have tidal shoes? Or Wool Scarf, or Valk Shields.
And also, the most of their EQs is equiped up to +6 the highest
I've seen so far is +8 on an equipment (Not talking 'bout wepons).

Anyhow, thanks for the abbey view thing, was going to implent
the same thing on the next patch from one of the eathena topics.

On your further servers I wish you a lot of fun! :)
Topic Closed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Question   

Back to top Go down

A Question
Page 1 of 1